Grease Fire Safety Tips
Statistically there are 160,000 Home fires annually, 2/3 of these fires (66%) are caused by cooking and the majority starting from a grease fire. The following are a few SERVPRO tips for safety surrounding grease fires:
- NEVER TRY TO PUT OUT A GREASE FIRE WITH WATER
- Cover the fire with a large metal lid
- If there's no lid nearby, douse the fire with salt or baking soda
- Turn off the heat source if possible
- As a last resort, use a fire extinguisher
Always be careful and vigilant in the kitchen! If you do find yourself dealing with the aftermath of a kitchen fire call SERVPRO of Fresno NE/Shaver Lake ASAP and we will be there to help you every step of the way!